ART of Sex Ed: Attitude Reassessment for Teachers
A one day workshop for all teachers, nurses, front line workers, and anyone who teaches sexual health to youth.
The ART is a process-oriented, structured group experience to promote participants' awareness of their attitudes and values related to sexuality and teaching sex ed. Through presentations, exercises and discussions, this workshop will assist participants in understanding the professional posture of doing sex education, and how attitudes and values affect them personally and professionally.
Topics to be addressed
- What is sexuality?
- What are values?
- Expressing values during communicating (body language/ facial expressions)
- Messages we received about sexuality growing up
- Challenging our own notions about sexuality today
- Sexism, heterosexism, and the power of language
- Teaching sexual health to multi-ethnic groups
- Sensitive subjects to be aware of your values in advance
- Where do your “values” fit in the classroom?
- Your role as sexual health educator
- Answering difficult questions about sexual health without imposing your values
To find an ART training near you, click here.