Unequal Partners: Teaching About Power and Consent in Adult-Teen and Other Relationships (Third Edition)
by Sue Montfort and Peggy Brick
The revised third edition of this breakthrough manual helps professionals educate young people to make healthy decisions about relationships, especially those involving the power imbalances that can occur when there are significant age differences.
30 interactive lessons to help young people ages 10-17
- Identify characteristics of relationships which are honest, equal and responsible
- Rehearse skills for asserting their relationship rights and negotiating consent
- Practice responding to a variety of situations regarding unhealthy relationships including sexual abuse and assault.
- Examine legal issues, including 'age of consent', in their own state
- Know the particular risks and issues regarding adult-teen relationships.