Working with students with special needs can be a challenge. While
individuals may have sexual feelings, there is often very little access to
This booklet is designed to give teachers and caregivers an overview of developmental disability and sexuality, as well as tools and suggestions for teaching the subject.
This booklet covers:
The booklet is 23 pages.
- What are developmental disabilities?
- Why sex education is important
- Issues specific to this population
- Guidelines and suggestions for discussing sexuality
- Taking the environment into consideration
- A note about masturbation
- Developmentally appropriate images in color that illustrate;
- private and public places
- private and public body parts
- male and female masturbation
- male and female intercourse
- Additional resources for both teachers and students, including books, videos and websites.
ADD TO CART
This booklet is available in audio format for those with visual
impairments. It is a .wav file so it can be played on an mp3 player, on
CD, or on the computer. The booklet is narrated by Frank Kermit, and
runs approximately 45 minutes.
ADD TO CART